Monday, November 11, 2019

A Strange Encounter


            To be honest, I’m not one for writing. Never cared for lit class in school, or anything like that. The only reason I ever put in any effort was so that I could go to college to study business. But I never saw the point of studying writing. When I become a rich and successful businessman, I can just pay someone to write for me, after all.

           Since I’ve said all that, you might be wondering why I’m writing this. It’s hard to explain. I was walking around on campus last Saturday. Parties never interested me, so my weekends are usually spent by myself. As I walked, I found myself approaching the art building. Outside I saw an art student sitting on a bench and frantically drawing in a sketchbook. He didn’t answer when I asked what he was doing. He kept quickly looking up every few seconds before looking back down at his work, so I tried to follow his gaze.

That’s when I saw him.

            There was a tall man standing completely still on the other side of the walkway. When I saw him I could feel a sense of dread in the back of my mind that I couldn’t explain. He was wearing a business suit with a dark tie, and was completely bald. His face looked like...now that I think about it, I can’t really remember what his face looked like.

          I could tell that the art student also felt the same as me. I tried to stop him from drawing so that we could both get away, but he resisted violently. I tried to take his sketchbook and he nearly stabbed me with his pencil. I turned and ran towards the business building, and got my phone out to call the police when I arrived there. You can see the art building from the business building, so when I dialed 911 and held the phone to my ear, I was surprised to find that both the art student and the man he was drawing were both gone. Since I couldn’t remember any useful details about either of them, I had to hang up the phone.

            Basically, I’m writing all this to try and understand what happened to me. If I don’t get it all down I’m afraid that I’ll forget it all, or that something will happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment