Friday, November 22, 2019

Fearful Circumstances


AN: I’ve been having nightmares every night since my trip to the Rossman house. The same nightmare, to be exact. Dirk Rossman is somehow sending me this nightmare every night. In it I can see myself, through his eyes, looking in through the window of his house. When I turn to run my sight follows me through the woods until I stop. When I stop my gaze enters my head and I see through my own eyes a clearing in the forest filled with thousands upon thousands of people, all dead, and Dirk Rossman standing in the middle of the field. I am drawn to him by some unseen force into his outstretched hand. Every night, as soon as his hand closes around my neck I wake up.

I can’t tell if this is what happened when I ran from his house or if it’s a vision of things to come, but I do know that I am never going back to his house or the park around it ever again. I don’t even know if I’ll finish the story I’m writing; these things only started happening after I started writing it, after all. I do at least owe it to myself to finish it since I’ve put in the effort to write it at all, but at the same time, in the back of my mind, I have a premonition that finishing the story will cause something more, something darker, to happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment