Monday, November 11, 2019

Stressful Circumstances


            I’m writing this late at night. I just woke up from a nightmare. In it I was back at the art building, except I was the one that was on the bench drawing. I was drawing him. Every time I looked up at him, he seemed to be getting closer and closer to where I was sitting. This went on for what felt like years before I heard a voice off to the side. My own voice. I looked to the side and saw myself standing there. The man I was drawing slid into view behind the me who was standing at my side, close enough to touch, and I got a good look at his face. Except he didn’t have a face. He reached for me, his hand sliding effortlessly through the other me, and I woke up just as he was about to touch my face.

            But the worst part was that when I woke up, that same drawing that I drew in my dream was in my hands. I had drawn it in my sleep.

            My roommates have alcohol, right? I need a drink or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment