Saturday, November 16, 2019

Lost in the Woods

            I was in the dining hall earlier for dinner, looking through the window towards the art building, when I noticed that art student leaving the building looking hurried. I decided to follow him to see what he’s doing, because my gut instinct tells me that he knows more than he lets on.

            Before long we arrived at one of the dorms, but he didn’t go inside. He went around the back, into a forest. The forest was much larger than I expected it to be, and I got lost almost immediately. The trees were thick, so because the sun was setting, there was not a lot of light to see by.

            After wandering around for a while someone grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth so that I couldn’t make a sound. It was the art student.

            “You’re working for him, aren’t you?” I could taste both fear and fury in his voice. “Well, you can’t do anything to me if I get you first!”

            I attempted to get his hand off of my mouth when I felt a cold, sharp metal object against my neck.

            “No! You’re not getting away from me! When I’m through with you, no one will find you; he’ll take your body to his world and devour your remains.”

            It was then that the man in question appeared in front of us. I didn’t notice him at first, but my assailant’s scream alerted me to his presence.

            “Ah! Are you here for your little friend? Well I’ve got news for you, he’ll be dead before you can get to him!”

            He raised his knife in an attempt to stab me, but when the blade was about to reach my neck, I found myself in my bedroom. I collapsed onto the floor, adrenaline flowing through my veins. I knew I had to go back to the forest to try and save the art student, to prove that I’m not working for that accursed man, but I couldn’t force myself to move. Instead I just laid on the floor for I don’t even know how long.

AN: I saw Dirk Rossman today.

I went back to the park to observe the old house, with the intent of getting inside to search for any clues about his disappearance. As I approached the house I noticed a faint glow in one of the ground floor windows through the bars of the front gate. The light appeared to be slipping through a small gap in a drawn set of curtains. The gate was open, with a wide enough gap that I could sneak through without having to open it further.

The window in question was just past the front porch, low enough that I could look through it without having to stand at my full height. Through the gap in the curtains I could see a figure standing perfectly still, facing away from the window and into a dark room. The room I was looking into appeared to be a kitchen, illuminated by a single naked light bulb hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room.

After a few moments, the light flickered, eventually turning itself off for a second. When it came back on, the figure had turned around and was looking straight at me. It was the same figure I thought I saw when I first came to the park. Dirk Rossman, in the flesh. I could see some diabolical force behind his eyes, as well as a strange alluring power. I looked into his eyes for but a moment, but that moment felt like an eternity. After that horrid moment ended, I managed to summon the willpower to break my gaze and run.

I don’t remember what happened after that; before I knew what was happening I was back at home. My head is pounding; I can’t sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment