Friday, November 15, 2019

My Journey to the Park


AN: I went to the park a few days ago. The atmosphere there was about as unnerving as I expected it to be. There were a few other people there when I arrived. They all kept to themselves, as did I. At the far end of the park is a forest, and at the edge of the forest I thought, at times, that I saw a figure standing near the trees. I know enough slender man lore that my even thinking I saw that figure sent a pervasive chill down my spine. Obviously I know the slender man isn't real, but that was too big a coincidence to not elicit such a reaction from me.

Apart from that, another thing I noticed is that there appeared to be a large, run-down house near one of the other entrances to the park. There did not seem to be anyone living in that house since it looked to be hundreds of years old and in disrepair. When I asked one of the other people in the park about the house, he told me that it belonged to a Dirk Rossman, but he hadn't been seen there in years. This would explain its decrepitude. The house had a rusted, warped fence around it which bordered the forest that covers much of the park.

The trip shook me to my core, to be honest; I’m not sure if I should continue writing this story or not. I know the slender man isn't real, but like I said, it was all too big a coincidence.

At least I found some inspiration, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment